From the project proposal
This Output consists of:
1. a showcase of 6 local activities by at least 12 youth leaders and 48 future and professionals in architecture, design, urban development and policy that includes the engagement with at least one stakeholder from their respective communities. The stakeholder will be a municipality or other local, regional or national body that has or is about to embark on an urban development project and that can be a step towards making urban area/s more human centred and inclusive. The local activity will consist of community sounding, consultation and engaging in social dialogue that is real and effective in order that the urban development project may reflect the wishes, concerns and social needs of the community in a balance with other considerations that are of a technical, economic, political and other nature.
These local activities will be closely sustained by:
- the use of the Creative InternPrize project management platform Http://creative.internprize.eu and
- three rounds of training mobilities C1, C2 and C3 in which the participating youth leaders and youths shall acquire knowledge, skills and competences in the dynamics of social dialogue in structured engagement, in the considerations to be taken into account when working towards more human centred and inclusive urban areas and theoretical aspects of such development that has these characteristics.
Each local activity shall have a report and narrative written up in the form of a blog rendered into content fit for a showcase gallery that will be the responsibility of ValIda that is also at the same time responsible for validation of the learning process of all the Future Planners project.
2. a final joint publication that will be a compendium of papers / contributions. It will be called "Real and Effective Community Engagement for more Human Centred and Inclusive Urban Projects" and its contributors will be at least 10 youth leaders and 38 youths who participated in the development of this IO, other stakeholders and players that have an interest in the topic and subject areas of Social Dialogue, Community Engagement, Human Centred Urban Design, Inclusive Urban Areas etc.
There will be an Editorial Board established between the partners and that will decide on the structure, quality and form of contributions of all writers.
INNOVATION mainly stems from the:
- choice of a subject for the staging of community engagement activities by youths. Although specific dialogue will cover a number of sensitive areas including social texture, demographics, social wellbeing, disability, migration, politics, the culture of dialogue, education besides the technical subjects of architecture, technology, engineering, design, economy, transport and economic feasibility. It also includes a massive area of discussion especially if one includes short, medium and longer term vision.
- adoption of a methodology that educates the participating youth leaders and youths and potentially at the same level educating all participating communities and stakeholders taking part in the local activities including political and technical decision makers, special interest groups and individuals.
Innovation is also in the choice of community publishing for the final Joint Publication since it will make it a community product by the partners and other stakeholders, covers a multiplicity of interests by multiple target groups and beneficiaries while maintaining homogeneity and remaining one compact product that is easy to distribute in whole or in parts.
IMPACT is on participating youths, youth leaders and stakeholders involved, the communities and social groups that become aware of their duty and right to contribute to social dialogue that is real and effective. It will, depending on the political culture and background of each territory in which activities will be carried out, help instil the culture of dialogue before decisions are made and communicated to the public.
Wide impact is secured by the way that local activities will engage the widest possible variety of stakeholders and by the Joint Publication attracting contributions and having as audience a wide span of professionals including technical decision makers who do not have social dialogue as part of their professional and technical expertise. Social dialogue is too often considered the domain of political decision makers and this IO is a constructive step towards change in this area.
TRANSFERABILITY is the result of the fact that this IO opens up never ending avenues and is relevant beyond the project lifetime, partnership and scope since social dialogue is necessary democratic process however practiced and implemented. The social education of communities on the need and methods used to make dialogue really a vehicle for more transparency, accountability and wide engagement is needed for any decision making process that has a direct effect on the social, economic and personal wellbeing of society.
The IO will be developed through the following steps:
IO1 A1 : FORMATION OF 6 LOCAL GROUPS of at least 2 youth leaders and 6 future or present young professionals in architecture, design, urban development, political studies or in areas of study that the each partner may determine according to opportunity always however studies falling within the remit of urban development and social wellbeing. (LABA, Heimdal, NTNU, VisMedNet, SNS and Warrols)
IO1 A2 : USE OF THE CREATIVE INTERNPRIZE DIGITAL PLATFORM for the management of local activities and constant remote cooperation and exchange between the 6 local groups.
IO1 A3 : ESTABLISHMENT OF STRUCTURE AND DYNAMICS OF LOCAL ACTIVITIES in which each partner or cluster of local partners shall decide with the youths in the respective local group about how they see as the best way to engage in a public consultation activity, in which kind of project and which stakeholders to seek for partnership. This will be determined according to context, the profiles, skills and aptitudes of the members of the local group and depending on opportunities.
The local activities shall be organised by:
LABA and SNS with 2 *youth leaders and 9 **youths each,
Heimdal, VisMedNet and Warrols with 2 *youth leaders and 6 **youths each,
NTNU with 2 *youth leaders and 12 **youths.
(numbers are minimum)
IO1 A4 : START OF LOCAL ACTIVITIES (Formalising with local stakeholders) based on which stakeholder/s will show disposition to cooperate in engaging in a public consultation process about an urban development project that the stakeholder (like a municipality, regional authority or decision making body) could possibly be interested in. This could be a project at a local, regional or national level or it could be a sounding exercise that the stakeholder would wish to embark on.
Steps 3 and 4 will influence each other since structure and dynamic of local activities will also need to take into its balance the kind of stakeholder that gets involved and the kind of project the public consultation would be about.
IO1 A5 : IMPLEMENTATION OF LOCAL ACTIVITIES in which the 6 local groups of youth leaders and youths shall implement the local public consultation according to decisions made in steps 3 and 4 and using the training from ***C1, C2 and C3 to build a sustainable and effective campaigns and to exchange ideas and input since the three training activities will be hosted by partners having ongoing social dialogue local activities ongoing.
IO1 A6 : CONCLUSION OF LOCAL ACTIVITIES at the end of the cycles of community dialogue and feedback loops and drawing of conclusions and results.
IO1 A7 : SHOWCASE OF LOCAL ACTIVITIES collated and edited for public consumption by ValIda but with contributions from all partners according to templates set.
IO1 A8 : VALIDATION OF LEARNING PROCESS for partners, youth leaders and youths engaged in the local activities on their professional (technical and vision) and personal (social, community and moral engagement in social wellbeing awareness and consciousness) growth also under the leadership of ValIda but with contribution from all partners.
IO1 A9 : ESTABLISHMENT OF THE EDITORIAL BOARD FOR THE FINAL JOINT PUBLICATION will made in the 2nd Interim Meeting (M3) when there will be decision making on the structure, format and design of the final product. (LABA, ValIda and VisMedNet in consultation with partners)
IO1 A10 : COLLECTION OF CONTENT FOR JOINT FINAL PUBLICATION from the youth leaders, youths and ideally also from players and stakeholders from outside the partnership that will form one homogeneous publication but that is structured to attract the attention of various interest groups, readable and relevant to a wide variety of technical and political decision makers over and above players in youth, education, social wellbeing and other professionals whose professional may be of positive influence on making urban areas more human centred and inclusive. (LABA and ValIda)
IO1 A11 : PUBLISHING OF FINAL JOINT PUBLICATION and distribution effort via different channels and targeted effort in the different sectors, interest groups to ensure reach. (LABA and VisMedNet tapping networks of all partners)
* Youth leaders includes educators.
** Youths includes students
*** Contribution of training content mostly by Bruit du Frigo, LABA, NTNU, SNS and VisMedNet but with contributions from all partners as necessary.